Level 4-5 Technique & Performance Book
The Piano Adventures Technique & Performance Book, with page-by-page correlations, is the essential companion to the Lesson & Theory Book.
The Technique & Performance Book combines two essential elements of pianism:
- Students develop technical skill through the application of “Technique Secrets”
- Engaging etudes and performance pieces allow these techniques to be tools for musical expression
This integration of technique and artistic performance, the sequence of Technique Secrets through the levels, and a unique emphasis on gesture that coordinates arm, wrist, and fingers make this series especially powerful.
The five Technique Secrets of Level 4-5 are:
- Alignment (Balance Beam)
- Drop and Follow-Through (Spark the Pattern)
- Wrist Circles (Lead with the Wrist)
- Precise Rhythm for Staccatos (Staccato Machine)
- Rotation (Rocking)